Discuss Some Advice on Potterton Kingfisher Boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elfranco

I want to keep this boiler as its so good but need to get rid of roof tanks. Installation manual says its ok to use in a sealed system as long as an OH thermostat is fitted. Fair enough. But it also gives a seperate GC number for a sealed system version, viz:

Kingfisher 2 CF60
G. C. No.41 607 09
G. C. No.41 607 36 (Sealed System)

Whats the difference? Same boiler. Or does it mean that the sealed system one was sold with the OH thermostat already fitted?

And should I attach any importance to the fact that the gc number of mine is GC 4160181, slightly different to the number in my booklet. It's still a Kingfisher CF60 Mk 2.

Any clarification would be appreciated as my gas fitter man does not know.

I want to keep this boiler as its so good but need to get rid of roof tanks. Installation manual says its ok to use in a sealed system as long as an OH thermostat is fitted. Fair enough. But it also gives a seperate GC number for a sealed system version, viz:

Kingfisher 2 CF60
G. C. No.41 607 09
G. C. No.41 607 36 (Sealed System)

Whats the difference? Same boiler. Or does it mean that the sealed system one was sold with the OH thermostat already fitted?

And should I attach any importance to the fact that the gc number of mine is GC 4160181, slightly different to the number in my booklet. It's still a Kingfisher CF60 Mk 2.

Any clarification would be appreciated as my gas fitter man does not know.
Yes, it was a later production run then they started to fit them with the O/H or high limit thermostat you use to be able to buy the stat as a retro fit kit & this would need to be installed before converting O/V to a sealed system.
But why o why are you not changing the boiler for a new condensing HE model ???? with CF60 around £40 out of £100 spent on fuel will go up the flue.

Yes, it was a later production run then they started to fit them with the O/H or high limit thermostat you use to be able to buy the stat as a retro fit kit & this would need to be installed before converting O/V to a sealed system.
But why o why are you not changing the boiler for a new condensing HE model ???? with CF60 around £40 out of £100 spent on fuel will go up the flue.

40% up the flue! Am thinking hard now, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some Advice on Potterton Kingfisher Boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock