Discuss Solder fittings advice pls in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

When using solder ring fittings is it important to have one end of the pipe open to allow pressure and fumes to escape?

I had a terrible job trying to solder a short section of pipe with an isolation valve closed on each end. It wasn't till I redid the work and opened one end that I could get it to solder successfully.

Was there water in the pipe ?

100% yes as water would of gone to steam and pressurised the pipe need to keep an open end where there’s any water to steam / boil off

Reply to Solder fittings advice pls in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
HI everyone, I'm looking for some thought/opinions on what could be causing issues with noise and pressure since having a pressurised un-vented...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock