Discuss So Mrs Three Minute to get hot water... LCV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Turns out that she was given the option of a secondary return (circulator) but it was an extra £1,200 and they decided that they'd be happy to wait for the extra seconds. There is some debate as to how long the water would take to come though but it sheds a completely different light on the situation.

Bloody custards!

I don't know why I'm sounding so surprised.

It's one of those things isn't it she mightve been poorly advised but I know Damm well that if I was spending thousands of pounds on a project I would do my research. Yes there are some rogue traders out there but I bet there are a damsite more that aren't. I know you can't force the customer to have XY and Z to make it the perfect install but I do think a lot of Installers fall down in not explaining them selves to customers and then you get problems like this. To be fair it does sound more like the customer is trying to cut corners here but I still think the plumber could've pushed his case for the secondary circuit

Last edited:
It's one of those things isn't it she mightve been poorly advised but I know Damm well that if I was spending thousands of pounds on a project I would do my research. Yes there are some rogue traders out there but I bet there are a damsite more that aren't. I know you can't force the customer to have XY and Z to make it the perfect install but I do think a lot of Installers fall down in not explaining them selves to customers and then you get problems like this. To be fair it does sound more like the customer is trying to cut corners here but I still think the plumber could've pushed his case for the secondary circuit
he can't speak English now

Communication will always be lacking if you can't actually speak the same language as your customer. This particular one just stinks of unrealistic customer expectations compared to budget

Communication will always be lacking if you can't actually speak the same language as your customer. This particular one just stinks of unrealistic customer expectations compared to budget

or changing design after agreed and not willing to change there budget

social-drinking.jpg

It seems it's all her own doing, saw escape to the country/DIY SOS etc on tv and thought this building lark is easy, I'm not going to employ anyone to oversee my project I'll do it myself
Now everything is coming back and biting her on the rrs because she was too foolish/stubborn/clueless at the start (I say this because she stated that her husband was useless, or words to that effect)
I do feel a tinge of pity for her though

I do a little but as per one of my previous posts, if. You were forking out the sort of money she was you think you'd do your homework rather than follow blindly. There's nothing really saying that her plumber or builder have done much wrong. I bet they were cheap though. And as others have said I bet they don't have a qualification to rub together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So Mrs Three Minute to get hot water... LCV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock