Discuss So Mrs Three Minute to get hot water... LCV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Turns out that she was given the option of a secondary return (circulator) but it was an extra £1,200 and they decided that they'd be happy to wait for the extra seconds. There is some debate as to how long the water would take to come though but it sheds a completely different light on the situation.

Bloody custards!

I don't know why I'm sounding so surprised.

1200 ?? Sounds very steep, not much to install one when your doing the cylinder

It is always nice to hear the other side of the story. I am sure many were assuming the plumber had tucked her up and done a poor job. Turns out she just didn't want to pay to have it done correctly.

Yep. Had a long call with her on the phone and she wanted to get him around. Fair play to him, he got it out of her on the phone eventually. Six of one, half a dozen of the other by the sound of it.

LOL - he's not going to get involved. She wants a magic solution when she had the opportunity to pay for it to be done right in the first place.

There is an argument ongoing about the length of time between the two options. Judging by her comments on here, that will go one for some time.

I'm sure it's the same person who had loads of threads about everything from rad valves to cylinders.
Then just got a builder to fit anything with a Vaillant boiler

I had thought of advising her to buy a tap that has massive flow through it, so to speed up the hot water coming. My intention wasn't to take the mickey, but might be good to tell her that now.
Maybe suggest the hot pipe brought up to the sink level and a full flow lever valve on it? :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So Mrs Three Minute to get hot water... LCV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back