Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Smart TRV system needed, any advice? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

IND_Nick

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Afternoon all,

I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working from home and want to zone the heating system, unfortunately the system boiler and cylinder is in the garage with 2 x 22mm primary pipes disappearing under the floor, all new so no option to separate the heating circuits. As such the next option would be a smart TRV setup. I have installed a few Honeywell Evohomes with no issues, but obviously, 14 rads will add up at £60+new TRV. Has anyone got any other recommendations on systems that they have installed, I see Hive/Tado and Wiser but wanted any real world recommendations.
Many thanks in advance.

I've not done any other than evohome but I thought it was decent and would recommend it again. For that reason I probably wouldn't be looking to design and fit anything else in a customers house unless they spec it themselves

Even doing this DIY is £30 per radiator + maybe £100 for management.
I have done this, with 10 radiators hooked up so far, using MOES BRT-100-TRV.
I control them via zigbee and Homeassistant on a raspberry PI.
It works very well but obviously nothing for you to recommend, but £60 for a managed version is not too bad.

I've installed and lived with Evohome for a few years, and I am a big fan.
It sounds as if the cost of Evohome would be justified in the context of the other improvements to the property, and if it was my house I would favour spending not a huge amount more on the better system (to me anyway)!
Has the customer suggested any limit on his budget? You might find you're overthinking it, and he's happy to pay the necessary!

Thanks for all above. I've done a few Evohomes and never had a problem I was just wondering if any other companies offer a decent alternative. Cost wise it isn't an issue, customer has agreed quote, and they all look similar, ish, I was just interested if anyone had fitted/liked any other brands. Thanks again.

Reply to Smart TRV system needed, any advice? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock