Search the forum,

Discuss small heatrae megaflow pipework query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all , i came across a heatre mega flow today and couldn't get my head round something , it was heated via a boiler through the coil but the puzzle is that there was a secondery return from the hot water circut that also acted as the cold feed in seprated by a NRV to stop the hot going back up the cold
Has anyone come across this before .
Cheers
Howy

Yes de stratification pump

Hi Shaun , would you mind elaborating , i am assuming the systems all one pressure and when hot water is drawn off its just replaced .
Howy

I read it as hot water secondary is connected to the cold feed to the cylinder correct ?

I read it as hot water secondary is connected to the cold feed to the cylinder correct ?
That's right , the only thing I couldn't get my head round was the fact that the secondary has a pump for obvious reasons
and I thought the in coming pressure and the pump would be out of kilter but I guess it all runs at the same pressure as set by the
incoming cold through the reducer ?

That's right , the only thing I couldn't get my head round was the fact that the secondary has a pump for obvious reasons
and I thought the in coming pressure and the pump would be out of kilter but I guess it all runs at the same pressure as set by the
incoming cold through the reducer ?

It’s to maximise the capacity of hot water instead of having thermocline layers eg say 30% of hot hot water etc with a destrat pump you would get 75-80% of hot hot water

if the non return valve is on the secondary return before it enters cylinder or cold feed in, it is there to stop colder water being drawn off when a hot tap is opened

Reply to small heatrae megaflow pipework query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens on the hot pipework, more specifically the hot taps in the bathroom (basin and bath). but it only seems to happen when I open the hot tap to a...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Hi, first post here and am after some advice please. I'm having solar panels fitted in the next few weeks and the fit will include an iboost+ to use the immersion element to generate hot water. I've checked the immersion and using a couple of heat sensors it's apparent the element only heats the...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code indicating pressure was below minimum. We resolved ourselves by using the manual and topping up per the guide. Sometime later, in some really cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock