Search the forum,

Discuss Small amoount of water around bath mixer tap base( from gasket ), in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have lived in my 3rd flat for 2 years and have never noticed this before.This morning there was a small amount of water seemed to be coming from the gasket inbetween bottom of mixer taps and bath. Could it be condesaton or a leak?. If I continullay wiped the cold tap while running cold tap there is no water seepage from gasket. IF it is a leak is it serious and could the water go down to flat below???. Where would leaking water go...back into the hidden interior of the bath?..so no worry or travel down pipes to my floor below bath or to flat below?...do I need a plumber or just keep an eye on it???...please advise as I don't want downstairs neighbour knocking on my door about a flood!..thanks

Quote - Small amount of water OR condensation and possible flood!

Without having eyes on that`s a big leap you are making, best you monitor it before and after use for clues.

Depending on style of tap water could be running back along spout (Underneath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Small amoount of water around bath mixer tap base( from gasket ), in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am after a bit of advice on a leaking mixer tap in the kitchen. Water is leaking from the area highlighted and varies with the amount of water pressure when using the taps, that might seem obvious, but I am not DIY minded :). I have removed the mixer and replaced both O rings on the...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm wanting to install an electric shower in my new property what's the easiest way to check it bath tap is coming from mains ? The mains stop tap is located near the toilet in the room underneath me, when I switch that off it shuts all cold water off for every tap in the house. If I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock