Discuss 'Slim' Combination hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Cotton

I have an old (leaking) combi hot water tank in a cupboard on 33cm wide.

I've repaired it once but it has now corroded somewhere else and I need to swap it.

However, as its very slim does anyone know where I can get one which will fit - or suggest an alternative ?

The most narrow ones I have found so far are 45cm wide, which is far too big.

Thanks, John

I have an old (leaking) combi hot water tank in a cupboard on 33cm wide.

I've repaired it once but it has now corroded somewhere else and I need to swap it.

However, as its very slim does anyone know where I can get one which will fit - or suggest an alternative ?

The most narrow ones I have found so far are 45cm wide, which is far too big.

Thanks, John
try any decent plumbers merchants probably not a stock item but should be able to order one in might even be a made to order item now try googling fortic or gledhill for manufacturers

try any decent plumbers merchants probably not a stock item but should be able to order one in might even be a made to order item now try googling fortic or gledhill for manufacturers
googling combination cylinder also found macdonald engineering who make to order

Last edited:
If I was in your situation and my gas boiler was getting on a bit I'd consider replacing the boiler with a combi and disposing of the combi tank altogether. The boiler will drop dead one day anyway and you could offset the cost of a new boiler with the money you would spend on a new combi tank. Other benefits would include a better, more powerful shower and potentially gas savings. Worth thinking about. Replacing the cylinder will cost about ÂŁ200 to ÂŁ300 in materials (if your lucky) and about ÂŁ250 labour.

Make one,

Go to a steel stockholder who owns a guillotine get him to cut out the sides, back and
front, and you weld it together, drill a few holes and bobs your uncle,
make it out of 3mm plate anything thinner is harder to weld, after welding it up test it for leaks then get it galvanised, if it was a job for myself it would cost me about ÂŁ150.00, Don`t worry if you cant weld, you will soon learn,

Incidentally in 1980 I made a tank 5 foot wide 4 foot high and 1 foot from back to front to fit in an alcove and coated the inside with underseal, last I heard it was still in use, I made loads more tanks since,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 'Slim' Combination hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Current setup: Cold water tank, and header tank in loft. Hot water tank in airing cupboard at top of stairs. Power shower (mira event xs) in main...
Replies
Views
Hi, In my 2 bedroom flat I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i boiler and a 200 litre Zip AquaFlow hot water cylinder. The hot water cylinder has...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running...
Replies
Views
Hi,a customer of mine has a combi boiler and they don't have an expansion vessel for the potable hot water supply. I know there's an expansion...
Replies
Views
Hi all, At our old flat, we had a combi boiler which dealt with heating and hot water without an additional tank. There was an external timer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock