Discuss slices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Needed two new slices 15mm/22mm took a risk in getting rothy week later both are spinning and knackered

Right still making carp not happy

Monument have gone down hill. Have 4 knackered 22mm slices since January! But I'm trying to cut LCs with them! I like monument. 2 cutters and two spare wheels bumbs £23

Needed two new slices 15mm/22mm took a risk in getting rothy week later both are spinning and knackered

Right still making carp not happy

WD40 + new cutting wheel, good as new,

Pointless buying new cutters before you've tried that

It doesnt help that the copper is getting thinner, as i bought a new slice and because the copper grade is so thin its leaving a dented edge of the copper ( this is a 22 slice bought from tps) think il go back to monument,

My old kopex ones went to rest along time ago :(

But I have a mint condition rems 65mm manual cutter 4 years old.

Have a few kopex brother in law doe's air con/refridgeration gave me 2 Imperial cutters I think made in usa blinding but dear.....regards Turnpin:punk:

I have kopex and Rothenberger 15 22 28 a set of each and my mate has monument 15 22 28

the monument one do seem better

looking at the 12volt power one from the people that make red power tools

I have kopex and Rothenberger 15 22 28 a set of each and my mate has monument 15 22 28

the monument one do seem better

looking at the 12volt power one from the people that make red power tools

I have one of the 12 volt ones, from a company that make red tools.

I would be too scared to give it away - for fear of reprisals.
I don't dislike anyone that much.

Get the metal centerbrand ones from plumb center. well made, cheaper, and not as bulky as the rothenberger/kopex so you can slice closer to the fitting.

The milwaukee pipeslice is good if you're doing alot of 28 or pipefitting on a large scale.

although recently one of the guys i qualified with (3 year apprentiship) has never worked on 28.......
you don't get 28mm on combis see...

The milwaukee pipeslice is good if you're doing alot of 28 or pipefitting on a large scale.

although recently one of the guys i qualified with (3 year apprentiship) has never worked on 28.......
you don't get 28mm on combis see...

He must only install 28kw 3mm from gas meter.

Prefer hackzall as cuts upto 108mm ish and no burrs / reduction in dia

It doesnt help that the copper is getting thinner, as i bought a new slice and because the copper grade is so thin its leaving a dented edge of the copper ( this is a 22 slice bought from tps) think il go back to monument,

I had that the other day when I bought a Novipro cutter from Grahams. I was cleaning it up with a bit of WD-40 on the rollers and it stopped denting too. Might work for you matey.

That's old skool 108mm copper with hacksaw :D:smiley2:
rember doing that cause the hack saw was better that the Rothenberger copper cutter we had
thought I was a bad bum doing some 108mm on grey water system antill I went to bss and seen one lenght of 6" copper on the rack

Ive has a couple of slices for the last 8 yrs! Occasional new wheels but does take me a while to cut through a pipe! Plenty of wd40. They tend to leave the pipe dead flat on the end now instead of a tapered edge. Tine fir sone new monuments I think.

I've just bought a set of the nerad ratchet slices from Williams and co, I think £12 a pop.

seem like a good idea, time will tell.

I've just bought a set of the nerad ratchet slices from Williams and co, I think £12 a pop.

seem like a good idea, time will tell.

Let us know how your getting on with these, been thinking of getting some. Cheers

I have the Red electric job - it's on its way back 1min 56sec for 15mm - nice cut though!
I purchase a set of the Nerad ratchet ones from the Corgi shop about 6 moths ago, and I have found them to be much better than the Monument/Kopex/Non-descript brands that I have had in the past. The rollers have remained as rollers instead of becoming solid bars, the ratchet action is also a welcome addition too. They get a thumbs up from me.

Arthur.

I liked the fact they weren't quite round so a better grip and less chance of them rolling off under floor boards!

I've had a 10mm Bahco one for years now and still cuts as easily as when it was new, just over one full turn and it's through.

Going to try their 15 and 22 I think after the general quality in most slices taking a nose dive.

The nerrad one seem o.k, they take abit of getting used to as they aren't as compact as the Kopex type slices and the ratchet could do with being a touch more sensitive as when you first start the cut they spin backwards rather than slip on the ratchet which can be a touch annoying.

Ive not used them much so they may well loosen up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to slices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock