Search the forum,

Discuss Sink Strainer problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a corrode, crumbled Strainer thread, so cannot properly secure trap.
This strainer seems to be a permanent part of the sink - not secured by a
backnut and not renewable ?! Any suggestions?

fUz3JdKDcCE5XmE3a34PKpFwITtZFVeHLJ1BeBidryDVAuEVgEJgB44oPrAOCJwAQATwQmAHgiMAHAE4EJAJ4ITADwRGACgCcCEwA8EZgA4InABABPBCYAeCIwAcATgQkAXkT D1y uaK8bmw7AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

It would be very unlikely it's not renewable.
I bet the back nut has corroded away.

Kitchen sink, Basin or Bath?

Still need photo's tho, above and below.

If kitchen sink might be basket strainer type with slotted screw in the middle if so just replace with new unit check out macalpine website......regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink Strainer problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some advice connecting my bowl sink to the waste. There was a Insinkerator installed that I have replaced with basket strainer waste (Viva PP0011). I need to connect the waste but I find myself going around in circles in regards to selecting the correct parts. Thanks FrankW
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster the room and wait for my new sink to arrive. So I need to temporary cap off the two below connections cant seem to find what is the best way to do this.
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock