Discuss Sick of the constant sales calls. Getting near 10 a day! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guy

I am so fed up with all these sales calls i keep getting.
Trying to flog me a website when i already have one. Selling advertising space in magazines that don't exist, pretending they're from the police! Cold calling from recruitment agencies. It's bordering on harrassment. I'd love to know where they're getting my number. I have asked them but no one is willing to divulge. I pray they're not ringing my 0800 number it costs me money.

Anyone else getting a obscene amount of calls?

I get a couple of sales calls a month. Think that's from the GS website and the iphe website as I don't advertise anywhere else. They are very annoying!

Probably from yellow pages or yell.com.
Tend to encourage more than customers i'm afraid.

I did advertise in Thomson and some one on here told me not to bother as that's the first place they look. I quickly got rid but still get the calls. I do have a free listing on Yell.com maybe i should get rid of that too because my calls don't come from there.

simples,

in the current economic climate you are on the verge of bankcruptcy, do you think your company can change this for me in the next couple of weeks and can i pay you say in 90 days for your service.?.

try it, after a few weeks youi will get less. i am down to about 3 a week at mo.

register on here - it really does work!!!!

Only for businesses though . . .

[DLMURL]http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/ctps/what/[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Know what you mean Guy,just can't get away from it !!!!

Don't spos could interest you in a new festive themed pipe bender? or maybe a box of company stamped,mistletoe engraved ptfe tape by any chance?

Tried ringing but engaged all the time ,must be other fellow sales colleagues on the line,advising you of all the useful products on the market that you really need to be more full filled and increase you profitability by 500%,hope they don't fleece you of all your spare capital before you have a chance to bit my hand off ,with my amazing offers,expecting some 'guaranteed quotation acceptance forms' in next week if you are interested

Or Try
TPS Registration

I used to get the same but TPS works for me.

If any sales calls do still come through just say " I'm in the TPS" and they drop the phone like a newly soldered copper joint.

i get these calls all the time, 2 yesterday, they tell me they can get me in the top 10 in google for the words plumbers in bristol,
so if they call all the plumbers in bristol to offer this, we cant all be in the top ten can we.
scoot told me yesterday that they get 200 calls for a bristol plumber and for £145 for the year i can have all those customers ring my number, be interesting to know if any other plumbers in bristol are offerd this. all i know they just dont give up!!

HI, My guess would be that they have gotten your number when you have signed up with something related to plumbing. What companies do is show a few ticked boxes at the bottom of forms, people tend not to read them as they think they have to leave them ticked. They however are boxes saying that you give that company permission to share your details. Easiest way to get rid of them though is too tell them you are on the telephone preference service and if they call again you will sue !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sick of the constant sales calls. Getting near 10 a day! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock