Discuss SIAMP Flush Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaunc

I'm having a few problems with a SIAMP flush which only seems to do a short flush. Just won't do a long flush at all. It was fitted less than two years ago but never seemed quite right when new. The button seemed to stick or click when pressed, but now refuses to do a long flush at all. Just wondered whether it was something simple to fix/adjust?

By the way the cistern is built under a counter top. I've had the front cover off and had a look round but can't see anything obvious. Thought it might be something to do with the mechanism but can't see what makes it do a long flush or short, apart from the fact that the button sticks out a bit longer.

Thanks
Shaun

Just noticed that the long flush stops as soon as you take your finger off, while the short flush goes on a bit longer after you've taken your finger off as though it's doing a proper short flush. Don't know if this gives anyone a clue.

99% plumbers don't bother to try and fix these confusing heaps of plastic. Especially things made by Siamp. I have replaced loads of Siamp WC components. Never, to date, replaced a fluidmaster. I recommend replacing the whole valve. But that's not to say there isn't a way to fix it.

I'm not a plumber but I think I know what you mean. Not easy to see what's going on, especially as it's plumbed in under worktop. Thanks for answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SIAMP Flush Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock