Discuss shower will not hold 60mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

shower will.not hold more then 60mm when doing a test, any more it pushes the water out of waste
Are you doing a pressure test on the waste system? Are you saying that a pressure sufficient to raise a column of water more than 60mm is blowing past the shower trap.

If so, why are you testing at 60mm when industry standard test is 38mm?

Are you doing a pressure test on the waste system? Are you saying that a pressure sufficient to raise a column of water more than 60mm is blowing past the shower trap.

If so, why are you testing at 60mm when industry standard test is 38mm?
yes doing a presure test
I was always led to believe we test at 100 for 5 mins on final test. I'm doing a pratice test before I plaster everything up and cant get to anything

Not sure about the pipework (i.e. if you were to blank off traps), but NVQ level 2 teaches 38mm for 3 minutes with traps fitted, based on ADH (IIRC).
Why would you pressure test a 50mm WC trap with 100mm pressure? To be honest, I'm surprised the WC trap didn't let air pass...

Reply to shower will not hold 60mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Hi my triton shower suddenly had no water coming out after Thames water doing work outside my house, the shower just started buzzing with no water...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock