Discuss Shower waste pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alexsp

We've just had a Sanifloor 3 shower waste pump fitted as gravity drainage wasn't possible. The pump does the job but is stupidly loud, it also turns on and off repeatedly with the water flow, which makes the noise more annoying. I'm a bit surprised that I've not found any other complaints anywhere as it's unusable like this.

When we were researched it, we also came across another similar product from Stuart Turner. At the time we opted to go for the Saniflo as it was a brand we'd heard of, but watching [DLMURL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Jr2RH3BCE"]this video[/DLMURL] the Stuart Turner seems almost totally silent. Does anyone have any experience with the brand and with this shower pump in particular? Is it any good? Is it really as quiet as the video shows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you work for Stuart Turner or do you believe everything you read in the newspapers? :devilish:

It`s not for me to slag off other manufactures but one of the pumps you mention is a copy of a well known well established pump and the other is a new take on wet room pumps. You may as well compare a 50cc moped with a 500cc motorbike in your comments about noise and you clearly have no understanding of how both of the aforementioned pumps and their flow sensors work.

You can rip out the floor to install the ST pump and it`s underfloor compression fitting which is generally considered to be a :hand: in plumbing or come back with a open mind for help.

No of course I don't work for Stuart Turner. You are right in that I don't understand how either of them work, that is why I'm asking for help.

We don't need to pump the water very far, the shower gully is about 2m horizontally from the waste pipe and then about 3 inches vertically up. We live in a flat where the waste pipe is too low for the shower and we are unable to change it (it's ceramic). Maybe we opted for a pump which was way more powerful than we needed. Either way hopefully we shouldn't need to rip out the floor to replace as we have a raised show tray and boxing for the pipework.

What advice would you give? The Stuart Turner looked liked it would do what we needed, are there any other brands or types of quiet pumps that would work for us instead?

Fair enough, I`m too drunk now and have 2 little jobs to do in the morning but I will get back to you tomorrow.

You could use the Stuart Turner a NIR or a Whale pump all of which are basically the same design, they are quieter but less powerful but you don`t need the power of the Saniflo from your description of what is where. The floor tiles will have to be removed and re laid again if you go this route though.
Or with the Saniflo ........

Check for any kinks in the hose`s, ensure the pump is on a firm solid base and the installer used the 2 securing lugs to screw it to a solid base (ie not on joists or the ceiling of the flat below) and you could prime the pump again to ensure there is no air in the water chamber, this is most unlikely but still worth checking and finally if all else fails then use a piece of carpet underlay as an anti-vibration board under the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower waste pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock