Discuss Shower help!! Mira, Bristan etc ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kat Turner

Hi. I am redoing my bathroom and looking for a good quality thermostatic shower. I've narrowed it down to three (so far!!) - Mira Agile Sense ERD+ (£540), Bristan qube inline vertical shower pole (£1031) and the Hansgrohe select showerpipe 360 for baths (£1112). They all have a five year guarantee so is it worth paying the extra for Bristan or Hansgrohe? Are there any other good quality makes? I have a combi boiler btw.

I'm a big fan of Mira showers and they are generally easy to maintain so I'd choose Mira over the other two even without the cost saving.

I'm a big fan of Mira showers and they are generally easy to maintain so I'd choose Mira over the other two even without the cost saving.

Thats great! Thank you! I don't mind paying the extra if there is a reason to do so but it looks like you've just saved me £600!

Agree with Mike.

Of the three brands listed there, Mira and Hansgrohe have a way longer pedigree in making showers than Bristan. Thats not to say the latter aren't ok, because they're fine, but Mira (and previously leonard) have been making showers since God was a boy, and Hansgrohe have a reputation for excellent engineering.

When I had to choose a shower for my own bathroom, in a location which was always going to be a pig to maintain, I opted for a Mira. 15 years later its still going strong, without so much as a replacement O ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower help!! Mira, Bristan etc ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room...
Replies
Views
J
Hello Everyone, I really could use some help. Although some of my questions you may have already answered for other people I would really...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock