Search the forum,

Discuss Should this be here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As the title should this be in the cabinet?

image.jpgimage.jpg

I think that should be fine were it is & actually, assuming there is a remotely fitted valve (KBB) somewhere, with the sensor above the burner, then that little fusible head firevalve will be an extra safety valve. Don't think any rules can be made against them.
It could always be used as a shut off valve for servicing, although I find some of them can leak if touched because all they have in them is O rings for the spindle seal & for the shut off point.
They are not allowed as the sole firevalve obviously.

It is the sole fire valve!

Lol! - No good then! I see that all the time & also a lot with no firevalves at all! 99 % of work done a few years is totally against new regs.
Get a KBB valve with the right length of capillary if you can fit it outside.
A lot of people don't want to pay for them, but you could just put it down on paperwork as required.
Those fusible head valves down low probably won't cut off in a fire until it's well alight. And they won't cut the oil off outside.

As above although it meets the old skool criteria of "better than nowt". As Best says, offer to put a proper one in but write it up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should this be here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock