Discuss Should there be water in trap? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

P

PeterR

Good evening,

Recently had a slimline shower tray installed, with a 'fast flow waste'.

Just today thought id give it a clean, took off the top cover, and removed the little cup thing inside, but there is about id say and inch maybe 2 of water sat in the bottom of the waste unit itself.

Although there is a little gap between the very bottom of the unit and the exit pipe, it does run into the exit pipe about 1/4 of the way.

The shower drains fine, and its not clogged by the looks of things, so wondering if this standing bit of water is normal?

Looks like to much of a pain in the a**e to try and actually get to the pipes so not attempting that.

Don’t worry your trap is exactly as it should be!
The design of these is different from what you are used to. Here the ‘trap’ is formed by the dip tube being submerged in the plastic cup which should be full of water in normal use.
It is an excellent and robust design.

Reply to Should there be water in trap? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Back