Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Should good pressure be observed from both pipes when disconnected form a radiator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulypaul

Hi all,

I have one radiator that does not get warm at all.

I have tried.
  • Replace cv value
  • Close other radiators except this one for a short time (to try an push air lock around)
  • System flush with cleaner

No I have removed this radiator to clean with a pressure washer by closing the inlet and outlet and removing the radiator.

For an experiment i turned on the value on one side and good pressure was observer. The other however (with the new CV value) just drips.

Is this normal as i assume one would be the return route?

I hope I have given you all the information needed, your advise would be great!

Thanks,

Paul.

Re: Should good pressure be observed from both pipes when disconnected form a radiato

no should have same pressure either side of valves so maybe a blockage or air lock is present

Re: Should good pressure be observed from both pipes when disconnected form a radiato

Thanks, that's what I thought and feared.

So assuming it is a block what would the next step be?

A pair of new valves and a power flush I'd recommend if dirty system or cold spots on rads

Thanks, that's what I thought and feared.

So assuming it is a block what would the next step be?

depends, where does the pipe run to if you have access and feel confident in doing a repair your self ?

just to check you have an f and e tank in the loft and it is filling the system when you opened the good valve ?

I think I know what you mean.

Its a gravity feed system and when water is emptied from the 'good' side it fills the system.

Don't really want to do it myself if its replacing the value but mabee if it involves some potion that removes the block - I have left cleaner in the system for 2 weeks previously.

I suspect the best option is to get a plumber to replace this one pipe to the main loop.

Thanks again.

I think I know what you mean.

Its a gravity feed system and when water is emptied from the 'good' side it fills the system.

Don't really want to do it myself if its replacing the value but mabee if it involves some potion that removes the block - I have left cleaner in the system for 2 weeks previously.

I suspect the best option is to get a plumber to replace this one pipe to the main loop.

Thanks again.

thats the best option tbh :)

also there might be someone close to you on here if you would like to post the job in the below link

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

I'll do just that.

Cheers for your help.

your more than welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should good pressure be observed from both pipes when disconnected form a radiator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock