Discuss Should a boiler in the bathroom be enclosed in a cupboard? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capitanpugwash

Hi chaps,

My brother rents out a 2 bedroom terraced house and has a landlords gas safety certificate, but the boiler is on the blink. The plumber went in to do it and as he was fixing it he said that the boiler needs to be enclosed because it is in the bathroom. Is this correct? This had never been mentioned before so I thought I would double check? It has been let like this for 2-3 years. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

you need to check the actual requirements for the specific boiler, either google the make and model and read the install instructions, or post the details here, room sealed boilers are not banned from bathrooms from a flueing perspective, however steam and condensation can be an issue on the longevity of the boiler so thats why i said best to start with the MI which dictate minimum space between the boiler and a shower/bath

Hi Kirkgas,

Thanks for the response. I've just got onto him and will follow up from there once he finds out what boiler he has fitted.

From the gas side,as said,a room sealed boiler does not need boxing in,however most would say good practice to for reasons as kirkgas mentioned,it is a electrical requirement,there are exceptions and different requirements,depending on size and lay out of bathroom and electrical system installed,also you have to take into account not just the boiler but control operation also

But if property rented out,it would be strongly advisable to box the boiler in,to cover all possibilities and to cover yourselves,as if tenant has a accident the consequences will far out weigh the construction of a cupboard around the unit

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, plus 17th edition says 2m from "Zone 1" which is the bath/shower iirc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should a boiler in the bathroom be enclosed in a cupboard? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock