Discuss SharkBite ice maker connection kit adapter leaks in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I purchased a SharkBite ice maker connection kit. The kit came with an adapter to connect 1/4" (3/8" OD) PEX to 1/4" compression fitting. I tried to attach the adapter to a needle-style valve as shown in the photo and the compression connection leaked. Has anyone used this adapter part successfully? The compression connection cannot be tightened with a wrench, it looks designed to tighten by hand only. Was I supposed to use teflon tape for this connection? Unfortunately I threw away the needle valve. Later, I thought maybe the problem could be that the needle valve is a flare-style connection. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3178 markup.jpg
    IMG_3178 markup.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 11

Reply to SharkBite ice maker connection kit adapter leaks in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I am trying to seal a tap (wall mount faucet for a lavatory/bathroom) my wife purchased from Morocco. We live in the US, and everything is NPT...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I need to connect an outdoor NG grill to an existing outside NG supply connection. I need to get the right...
Replies
Views
Yesterday I had a very frustrating day installing a new indirect hot water cylinder which the customer had bought from Screwfix. There were six...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, On changing a float valve in a roof space today i spotted this, the boiler is a Ideal Icos approx 3/4 year old. The balanced flue from...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock