Discuss Shallow Shower Trays in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wet Bandit

Hello folks,

I am considering installing a tray with a shallow upstand.

Does a shallow shower tray require a larger diameter waste outlet (2" as opposed to 1"1/2) or would 1"1/2 surfice? The shower is off of a combi - not a super rain shower!

Or would it be right to assume that the waste should be no smaller than the nominal hole provided?

Any ideas?

Matt

You only need a larger trap where you have a drench shower or side jet type sysem which uses lots of water. Water should not sit in the trap anyway.

Most importantly you need good waste pipework away from the tray as waste pipework is normally the cause of water backing up and not draining away well not the waste fitting itself - plenty of fall and use slow bends or obtuse bends as much as possible.

Cheers for that WHPES, showers now installed with a straight run of 1"1/2 to outside stack. Went with the joists so plenty of fall. I'll bare in mind the larger trap if fitting a drench shower.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shallow Shower Trays in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have two hairline cracks around shower tray plug waste hole. Is this a concern ? I.e let water in etc through crack ? And any fixes...
Replies
Views
C
Hi folks, Might be a stupid question but I currently have a wet room shower in place with a waste trap but I am looking to convert to a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to find out if I can drill a larger hole in my shower tray, it’s size atm is 1 1/2 inches (38.9mm) and I want to make it 90mm to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock