Discuss Service sheet tick list, professional or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been thinking that when I start servicing appliances myself in the future that I could have my own tick sheets that will act as a guide to myself when I am working and would be something I could give to the customer on completion to show the work that had been carried out in detail.

It's not a complete lack of faith in myself but going in to people homes myself when I start out I'm bound to be nervous and don't want to forget simple things. It might sound like a waste of time to you experienced guys but surely if it means the job gets completed fully and safely it can only be a good thing. It would be done professionally and would be better than having to refer to notes/books etc.

What do you think?

I did this when I started - more professional to use a list rather than miss something important!

After all, airline pilots HAVE to use a list even though they know everything off by heart!

Bod, that's really good thanks. Do you use servicing sheets?

Has anyone used the gas calculator? Looks like it could be very useful.

Gas calculators. I got the corgi pocket guide. Got slide rules. Pipe sizing , gas rating. And also alot of references on hand. Also comes with unsafe sits

I used to use the corgi ones but used them all up and said I'll have some customized for my self as theres things not on it which is a part of servicing modern boilers such as system pressure check, has the condensate trap been cleaned and there were more I had planned but have forgotten now. It's a good base but once you start using it I think you'll find things missing which would be handy to have on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service sheet tick list, professional or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock