Discuss Sentinel X400 system restorer and plastic elbows in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

donkeeboy

Hi, I put Sentinel X400 in my system, its been running 2 days now. I put in the correct amount - 2 litres for a 19 rad system.

Well on my hot water loop, which was new pipework put in 3 years ago, its a combination of 22mm copper and plastic pipe. And some of the elbows are white plastic elbows. They are pretty chunky, and haave never givenn me a problem in 3 years, however now one is dripping.

It was only minor - 1 drip a second - i just tightened it up a bit and its stopped dripping.

But now im worried, is this sentinal X400 suitable for use on plastic elbows? This drip has got to be due to the X400 - it would be a highly improbable co-incidence for it not to be. Maybe I should just drain the X400 out, i was going to leave it for a few weeks, maybe 4 to improve the cold spots on sopme of my rads.

Thanks in advance gents.

Update: tbh, the leaking one was just not tightened properly! Half undone in fact! Hardly gonna help, even so it never leaked without the X400. Would appreciate any confirmation wither way on X400 use with the speed fit fittings.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably corrosion stopping it leaking the x400 as removed it now the leak not helped by not being put together right x400 is safe with plastic

Do you mean coil for hot water or domestic hot water x400 is only used in heating systems
I think it was coincidence the elbow started to leak

Yes I put it in the CH, but of course that water is going to get mixed in with the HW (indirect tank) over time whenever CH+HW are being called for together - it will let the X400 into the HW loop.

Yes I just mean the coil that heats the hot water - not the hot water itself! I think thats what you mean. IE I'm not getting diluted X400 out my shower.

Yes I put it in the CH, but of course that water is going to get mixed in with the HW (indirect tank) over time whenever CH+HW are being called for together - it will let the X400 into the HW loop.

Yes I just mean the coil that heats the hot water - not the hot water itself! I think thats what you mean. IE I'm not getting diluted X400 out my shower.

Good just checking you never know what people do sometimes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sentinel X400 system restorer and plastic elbows in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock