Discuss Self employed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

james the plumb

Hey guys.
Im goin back to working for my self as i did for so long.
jus wondering wheres the best place to get work from.

cheers

Hey guys.

cheers

The million dollar question!!

If we knew the answer to that we'd all be very rich people indeed!

Perhaps try some advertising in your local area; leaflet drops in housing estates, chat to others in merchants, leaflets in local shops!

Get your name into as many publicly frequented places as possible & hope the phone rings!

What's your main area of work or do you do everything? (Gas servicing/repair/install, bathroom/kitchen install etc)

Hey guys.

cheers

Anywhere you flaming can!

No, seriously I have found that adverts in local shops i.e. chippies, newsagents, sub-post offices etc help.

When work is really quiet I do leaflet drops but try to target certain markets such as properties around 10-20 years old as they will probably have gold taps etc and may be thinking about moving to chrome or even replacing whole bathroom.

Last edited:
When I go for a meal and they bring the little tray with the bill on it. When I put the money on it to hand it back I leave a business card on it too.
Maybe the fit waitress is gonna need some plumbing soon!

Always tell the world what you do, went to docs to have stiches removed and picked up an oil boiler service off the nurse and a gas boiler service off the receptionist:)

Just thought id give my 2 pence

There are a few websites on the internet that offer 5000 glossy A5 flyers for £50-£100, knock your self up a simple flyer explaining what you do and that your local, insured and qualified and simply go door to door posting around your area when you get home from work, few roads at a time.

Thats what i did a while back in the evening while walking my dog

Got some nice jobs from it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Self employed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock