Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss self employed plumbers earnings in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Steve9025

Steve9025 New Member

Hi folks

How much are the average one man band self employed plumbers ACTUALLY making annually? Say 5-10 years experience post qualified.
    (Outside London too)

And are gas engineers in a similar position making more or less than a regular plumber in this day and age?

Many thanks all

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Thought it was more oil & LPG than gas in Norfolk Steve ;)
    Also that is almost a how long is a piece of string question.

3. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I am in Norfolk bud really depends on how hard you want to work and the type of work you want to do, there's plenty of new build work on price if it's your thing, takes a good few years to build a reputable plumbing and heating company and in the end you cannot do all the work yourself so you need to employ others it can work but it's a real battle and you have to sacrifice alot it's not a get rich quick business . Cheers kop

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steve9025

Steve9025 New Member

Any idea what sort of day rate are they paying on new builds in Norfolk?

5. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Don’t think you will find many will share rates on an open forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

I appear somehow to get random magazine regarding plumbing and heating through the post on occasions.
    I think one is called something like PHAM news and it had not long ago about rates.It mentioned plumbing and heating is now classed as a mid trade and rates outside the capital average about 25 k a year , thats was for sole traders.

8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The more effort you put in the more you will earn. Basics really.

9. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

According to that magazine it was very area dependant i think belfast and plymouth were the worst places ti be heating engineers

10. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You will always earn more in places like London compared to places like Blackpool. Cost of living differs greatly across the UK. Just how it is really. One of them things.