Discuss Secondary Circulation - switching on/off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

I'm planning a disabled bathroom for an incontinent child with severe problems. The client has specified secondary circulation as it's 20m from the unvented cylinder and they don't want to have to wait for the hot to arrive. Rather than put it on a single channel timer and have it circulate every half hour (and cool the cylinder) I was thinking of having a PIR in the doorway of the bathroom to switch on the pump for a couple of minutes. I would need a timer that could be switched on by the PIR to run the pump for 5 mins maximum. I can't seem to get an answer out of my sparky friends on how to do this. Has anyone here done it?

I realise that now mate, at the time I thought it was a flow system to the bathroom and talk of the pir turning the pump on before demand was required was why I posted, also I didn`t know these pumps could auto adjust the outgoing pressure. Please remember how I earn a living and whilst I`m here to help others with my knowledge I`m also here to learn.

How do you earn a living then

I asked about the Grunfoss comfort at the merchants and he reckons their phasing it out? Any one got a heads up on that?

It really is a shame that so many plumbers stay away from them, 90% of call-outs are wet wipes nowadays. In and out in around an hour, really is easy money but then I wouldn`t know where to start on the stuff you guy`s do. As I say horses for courses and I`m learning loads from you guy`s.

It really is a shame that so many plumbers stay away from them, 90% of call-outs are wet wipes nowadays. In and out in around an hour, really is easy money but then I wouldn`t know where to start on the stuff you guy`s do. As I say horses for courses and I`m learning loads from you guy`s.

And I now where to find a decent plumber when I need one :crowngrin:

Mate. you couldn't pay me enough to even contemplate your job.

Mate. you couldn't pay me enough to even contemplate your job.

First six months is the worst mate, apart from the one`s in the height of summer which have been left switched on for a few days, even now I need to step outside for some fresh air. But no exams no licence no expensive tools like you guy`s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Secondary Circulation - switching on/off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock