Discuss Sealing Concealed system flush pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ParrDi Gras

I have recently installed a jolly concealed cistern. The flush pipe which comes out of the cistern is connected via a screw onto a thread with a plastic washer between. I have tried everything I can to prevent small amounts of water leaking from the connection??? is there any advise an experienced person can give me to fully seal the connection. It is a simple connection and I have tightened it as much as possible , I have realigned the flush pipe and washer going into the cistern.Im now thinking I now need to use some sort of sealant ???

any advise would be greatly appreciated

have you tried using some silicon? or alternativley changed the washer as this could be faulty?

I personally wouldnt you silicone in this situation. I would wrap PTFE tape around the washer about 10 times or so. i find tghis usually works for me if there is a small drip.

Not only silicone should make the joint (PTFE not suitable or recommend), but look very closely for THE "HAIRLINE CRACK"..!

Just a suggestion here anna thought..Best of luck.

.. Spanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sealing Concealed system flush pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back