Discuss Scotland Training course with Skillstg in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Aye that's the issue....I know noone up here so am a bit stuck.. the course works by doing a weeks training in the centre then a week or so with a fitter then some time off to earn some money if you wish then back to a week in the training center for a week and so on for 6 month's approx

I'll put a post on here but I'm not hopeful of finding anyone....I won't leave my full time job until I'm certain u have someone to work with
Basically you'll have to offer your services for free if you want to work with someone who is Gas Safe registered. This way, they'll help with your training and evaluation and you become qualified in return. It's going to be a difficult choice if you have a full time job. Another thing is that there's loads of Gas Safe engineers in Central Scotland, in fact too many in some areas and they're all cutting prices to compete and get work. Some of these courses make ridiculous claims about high earnings, when the reality is anything but. A G3 unvented course is a better prospect as there are fewer plumbers here that are G3 qualified.

Basically you'll have to offer your services for free if you want to work with someone who is Gas Safe registered. This way, they'll help with your training and evaluation and you become qualified in return. It's going to be a difficult choice if you have a full time job. Another thing is that there's loads of Gas Safe engineers in Central Scotland, in fact too many in some areas and they're all cutting prices to compete and get work. Some of these courses make ridiculous claims about high earnings, when the reality is anything but. A G3 unvented course is a better prospect as there are fewer plumbers here that are G3 qualified.
Very much appreciate your advice and I'll look into what you say ... cheers for now

Just stumbled on this thread Gary and I read that you live in Dunfermline. You do know the college at halbeath do a 10 month gas course? It's paid by the government as long as your unemployed so you won't be fleeced out of 7 grand unlike the private courses. Plus you ll get a bursary and some help with mortgage/rent costs.The course itself is really good. Please ignore if you're already sorted as I see it's from aug last year.

Reply to Scotland Training course with Skillstg in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock