Discuss scalding hot new Danfoss c-2 TRV cold lockshield and new radiator only hot at top . in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently replaced all fourteen Stelrad radiators eight singles four doubles and two chrome towel radiators on small bore 10 mm piping in my four bedroom detached house.The Grundfoss pump is ten years old and sounds good .no bearing rumble.The Ideal classic ff 350 boiler is twenty years old but has been serviced regularly.Even when the balance has been turned down to a quarter of a turn on all the lock shield valves and the problem radiator furthest away has the lockshield fully open and with the pump on speed setting three .the radiator furthest away has a scalding hot Danfoss TRV and the lock shield remains cold.The system has been cleaned with F3 and flushed .The radiator has been removed from the wall and flushed manually and there was no sludge deposits in the radiator .Eventually after about an hour the radiator heats up and the valve lock shield valve is slightly warm.The boiler is set to three.My plumber has agreed to replace the pump with the new grundfoss ups3. In your professional opinion do you think that this will solve wot appears to be a pump problem .I have carried out the usual test of shutting down all the radiators and running the system .The radiator gets scalding hot together with both valves .Many thanks

Is this the only problem radiator?

What happens if you shut half of your working rads via the trvs ?

Turn the 4 off down stairs does the problem rad heat up

Leave the problem rad open / calling

Fully hot / acceptable?

You either have a balancing problem or pump is weak

Reply to scalding hot new Danfoss c-2 TRV cold lockshield and new radiator only hot at top . in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock