Search the forum,

Discuss saunier duval ferma f23E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
saunier duval ferma f23E with a twin pass heat exchanger, so no diverter valve, plate hex etc

however turn hot tap on, boiler fires, the water gets at best luke warm and the rads get hot

run heating till hot, turn tap and the water is a bit hotter but still short of piping hot

also what the heck is a 'reversing valve assembly'

Have you had a look in the book...?
Plumbase Manuals

Starting from cold,,,if you run the hot tap, does the heating flow/return connection start getting hot?

If so,and you can do so, valve the heating flow/return off and see if water temp picks up.

I'm guessing you have checked all the usual suspects i.e gas pressure,water flow rate etc..

Last edited:
Starting from cold,,,if you run the hot tap, does the heating flow/return connection start getting hot?
yes, classic 'diverter valve has gone' only this boiler doesnt have one

If so,and you can do so, valve the heating flow/return off and see if water temp picks up.
didnt think of that

when you turn the tap on pump comes on, seemed odd for a twin heat exchanger, but as i dont know this boiler very well wasnt sure if it was meant to or not

new boiler
take your point, but i dont like not knowing whats going on

Last edited:
I think the mysterious reversing valve has two functions. When hot tap is opened the diaphragm operates the microswitch assy to switch in the HW control set. I think it also shuts off the CH flow port. I could be wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to saunier duval ferma f23E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi have old 2009 F30E saunier duval boiler problem has been lately hot water hasn't been at its best somtimes comes on sometimes does but luke warm... Have recently flushed system with x400 and replaced all radiators due to age.. New pump fitted last year. Can anyone give me any pointers...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock