Discuss Saniflo SoloLift2 : Impeller keeps getting stuck in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,

I have a Grundfos SoloLift2 WC1 on a toilet and since a few months the impeller keeps getting stuck.

I was quite happy to unblock it myself using the service shaft above the motor and a long screwdriver, but it keeps happening roughly once every month.

When stuck, it makes a humming noise then stops. Nothing turns.
When I unblock the grinder by hand it's very hard to turn and I have to turn left, right, left again until it finally gets free. Then it runs fine.

I do not put anything I shouldn't down there. And these machines do not require service.

What could the cause be and what should I try first ?

Thank you

Are you putting toilet paper down ?

Yes but as little as possible at once

Do you use the high quality stuff as it might not break down that easily eg rip up etc ?

Reply to Saniflo SoloLift2 : Impeller keeps getting stuck in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
I have a grundfos sololift 2 wc1 macerator that isn't working. It's about 3 years old. When the toilet flushes the bowl just fills up but the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Bit of a daft question but I’ve just had the pump replaced by the housing group where I live. They’ve fitted a Grundfos UPS3 15-50/65...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have had a Saniflo PRO XR for three years. Still under warranty and I put cleaner/descaler every three months. It is used once or twice...
Replies
Views
Back