Search the forum,

Discuss RPH static caravans ventilation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Heya have any of you guys got any guidance notes for calculating the ventilation requirements for appliances in static caravans? As I will want to check the ventilation is correct when I do a llc next week.

cheers.

all depends on year they were made to start with, so i have to go back to my course notes each time. dont get why they cant be standardised!

You need to check the British standards or as Limpy says check the course notes. I carry my course book in the Land rover with me.

You need to know when they were built, as the requirements change with age, but their is a formula in the course notes on LPG ,

Its pre 2005, I bet that the LP cylinders wont be on a firm level base or be restrained, there wont be a test point, there wont be any MI's for the appliances.

Ive got my bepec book. Just hoping someone might have the BS publication.

Is this for a private customer or on a site ? thing with static vans is they nealy all have the same things fitted, Widney Fire / new world cookers / morco boilers sometimes the odd Bosch water heater so it quite easey to get information on ventilation requirements.

If anyones got a copy of bs3632 floating around that would be great. long shot? :)

Last edited:
remember any skirts around the bottom of the caravan must be vented now as well

I thought those were 'recommendations'
somehow I've got that copy of gsr mag on my desk :p

Whats the point of recomendations if you don't point them out on a LLC? .... you havn't got to fail it because of them, just note it so that they can choose to action if they wish.

Ventilation under the van isn't a recommendation it must be done. Installation is AR if it's not there. There was prosecution recently after a fire due to a build up of gas under a van with no ventilation.

I've not done a LLC for a RPH and just want to make sure I've got all the areas that need to be checked. So I'am making a check list, as I like to be as thorough as possible.

External

> LP cylinders Installed to current spec(hoses, base, resrainets etc etc)
>Test point
>ECV(Correct labeling etc)
>visual inspection of pipe work
>Base of correctly ventilated
>Ventilation not blocked
>Flue terminals
>Tightness Test

Internal

>Correct fire advice notice affixed in suitable visible location (200x130mm in size)
>Number of berths to determine correct ventilation requirements for appliances.
>Inspect ventilation & calculate to assure its correct.
>Visual inspection of visible pipework.
>visual inspection of flues
>test flues(with a match as I cant see those small flues shifting a bomb)

Appliances(too be serviced)

Service/safety inspection of Hob (Famet 4000/2) (Can get manual)
Service of water Heater (Morco D 51 B) (Can get manual)
Service gas fire (widney) (custard doesn't know what model carnaby sending me a selection)
*I like too have the manuals

The Static caravan is a carnaby siesta 26x10.

Please add anything you think may enhance my check list.

Also thank you to all previous posters for you input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RPH static caravans ventilation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hello lovely people, I've gone and got an LPG water heater for my shepherds hut. It'll be situated in an external lean-to enclosure built on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock