Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Routine maintenance inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi all
i have recently started to do some work for a large local concern They have proposed that I do some kind of annual / semi annal inspection of all their plumbing in the hope of avoiding potential breakdowns etc I wanted to see if anyone already did something similar & if so how it operates
Thanks

Is this for a housing association's housing stock or something? Not sure what you mean by 'large local concern'.

Is this for a housing association's housing stock or something? Not sure what you mean by 'large local concern'.
Hi keefy
the concern have a large site with a farm, training centre & 2 restaurants

Hi all
i have recently started to do some work for a large local concern They have proposed that I do some kind of annual / semi annal inspection of all their plumbing in the hope of avoiding potential breakdowns etc I wanted to see if anyone already did something similar & if so how it operates
Thanks

Normally its a commercial company thing, they send you round with a clipboard and some sheets and get you to do routine checkes on everything for correct operation,sign of leaks etc.

its a sweet gig if your lazy but don't mind being bored,
personally I hate it

It's a difficult one in some respects. What if you do your inspection and then a tap seizes up or starts leaking a few weeks down the line?
Would they hold you responsible?

I would want some kind of agreement in writing as to what to check and my liability if something went wrong between inspections. Sorry if I've opened a can of worms. Looks like easy dosh on the face of it.

It probably is easy, ask them exactly what they think they want checked and add to it as you see fit.

Agree with paulus that its sounds an easy payday as long as you agree in writing what exactly is to be done and any liability for subsequent faults etc.

i would yearly change all washers in taps and ballvalves bit of grease on taps check waste pipes for signs of leakage and new traps on all urinals that covers the most common faults
on the first annual inspection id price to remove any flexis that will stop the taps moving

i would yearly change all washers in taps and ballvalves bit of grease on taps check waste pipes for signs of leakage and new traps on all urinals that covers the most common faults
on the first annual inspection id price to remove any flexis that will stop the taps moving
Good idea and practice but it depends whether they want an inspection or a service of routine items which are completely two different jobs. I would be tempted to push for the job as put by Steve to eliminate most of the potential problems.

Thanks guys Gives me an idea Think it has to be like an mot " all ok on the day" This comes after recent call out 4 toilets with pneumatic flush ( all ladies ) went out of order art same time Fixed 3 of them straight off then ordered parts for 4 th

It's a difficult one in some respects. What if you do your inspection and then a tap seizes up or starts leaking a few weeks down the line?
Would they hold you responsible?

I would want some kind of agreement in writing as to what to check and my liability if something went wrong between inspections. Sorry if I've opened a can of worms. Looks like easy dosh on the face of it.

Personally I think that's a silly thing to say

If your a GSR

You sign a boiler off on a GSC. You say it's safe

A week later the tennant dies from CO positioning. Was it your fault?
Did the WP of gas change ?
Did the flue get blocked by a bird nesting?
Did the boiler get tampered with?

All your doing us saying it was OK at the time if inspection.

If you can start predicting problems that well in advance.... Do you want a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Routine maintenance inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock