Search the forum,

Discuss Route to NVQ 3 with a difference? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, after 9 years in the trade (Self employed for 5 of them) i decided its probably time to get the nvq level 3.

currently i hold my C&G 6129 level 2, ACS, CCN1 and appliances, meters, unvented, part L, Flue gas analysis, LPG, Boats Caravans and probably done every boiler manufacturer course going

I have been gas safe registered for the past 4 years

But its always bugged me that i never got round to doing my NVQ 3,

its been so long i simply have no idea which courses i should bother to do, is it still worth me doing the NVQ 3 and if so what courses would i need to complete to get me there??

Cheers guys,

its not really about earning any extra money. i have a great customer base now, i just want to do it for personal development / sense of self worth etc

Yeah, been GSR for almost 5 years, got to do the resit next year.

This would be like Alan Sugar deciding he wants to go back & re-do his gcse's.... I can't see any point at all... You have made a successful job of your business & have the client base to prove it, nvq l3 ain't gonna change much...

But Allan sugar can't spell,he's at the top of his game and might just fancy some learning I think your not working hard enough if you have time to think about nvq.

I would consider adding extra technologies to your belt, or conisder getting green deal certified as an installer, - you'll learn some, and also add opportunities for your business.

I add new skills and certifications each year because a) I enjoy learning and b) it helps my business.

I am also a chartered engineer, and have a cpd program.

The moment you stop learning you start to die :) ALso it acts as a check as the the way you have done things in the past.

Just because you've done them that way for 5, 10, 15 years, doesn't- mean they are the right way to do them :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Route to NVQ 3 with a difference? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I got my water regs when I completed my NVQ level 3, in 2017. Do you have to renew this every year?
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ level 2 plumbing and Heating and then further on to gas engineering. I work full time (Self-employed) and have been a successful Chef for 35 years but have no experience in the plumbing and gas industry. I have a car (clean licence) a good attitude and...
Replies
Views
I have been doing my level 2 plumbing qualification for over 4 years now due to covid etc. I am now at a point where i will be sending my NVQ pack off and completing my practical for my NVQ. I am waiting on a plumber to to send me his documents to send off. I am worried about the practical and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock