Search the forum,

Discuss Roofing replacements and repair work to properties with vertical flues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone turn a boiler off to work around the flue for roofing as an example, as long as a registered gas engineer carries out the required checks and certification before turning it back on?

Depending on what you're doing but if its deemed immediately dangerous if the appliance could be used then really it should be capped off by a gas engineer.

In the real world most roofers would take steps to ensure the boiler wouldn't get turned on and that everybody who could turn it on is thoroughly educated in the dangers

I would 100% get someone to check it over before its turned back on as any movement of the flue could break something and be extremely dangerous

Depending on what you're doing but if its deemed immediately dangerous if the appliance could be used then really it should be capped off by a gas engineer.

In the real world most roofers would take steps to ensure the boiler wouldn't get turned on and that everybody who could turn it on is thoroughly educated in the dangers

I would 100% get someone to check it over before its turned back on as any movement of the flue could break something and be extremely dangerous
Yes, they are removing the fuse from the spur and informing the resident not to use it until it has been checked and turned back on by the gas-safe engineer, including attaching a notice to the boiler saying do not turn it back on until it has been checked.

Reply to Roofing replacements and repair work to properties with vertical flues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock