Discuss Roca Pole push button flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GloriaP

Can anyone help please with fitting instructions for the Roca Polo push button flush, Roca Part No 525655100

Call a plumber?

Or explain which part of the installation is causing you a problem. Unless someone here is bored enough to write an essay.

Thank you, husband flushed away the push button; Roca sent a replacement but the white plastic screw type piece which came with it is way too long. Was wondering if I have to take the top of the cistern off and somehow fit this white plastic screw inside. Unfortunately my husband is disabled and I'm useless at DIY.

unless you can post a couple of pics we probably not be able to help. if you say what area you are in perhaps one of us plumbers can help you.

As said without pictures these things are quite taxing to describe, ideally a pic of what's left inside cistern and what you've got would be great. But if you don't have camera or facility.. is this the part you've received:

Roca_polo_button.jpg

I've not fitted on of these before but I'm guessing from the description you may have the original rod still screwed in place while trying to fit another one top?

To be honest them ones are a pain in the neck to get just rite. If its the 2 button sort you have 2 rods that you will need to cut them down, but cut them to short and you will need 2 more. Very tricky to be honest if youve not done them before. Think with them one you have to slide them down through the housing and they have groves on them.

Yes, that's exactly the part received. I could just put the button on, but this means it's loose, with the danger it will get flushed away again.

this is the problem we all have with the cheap foreign tat that were supplied with now

If I were you I'd ditch the valve and replace it with a decent cable flush valve i.e. Fluidmaster 550. It's more work as you need to disconnect the cistern from the pan but I found them much more reliable. If you do decide to go down this roue don't forget to buy a new doughnut washer for when you reconnect the cistern and pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Roca Pole push button flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have 4 Roca dual flush plates with mechanical 2 red wire valves behind them. The only option seems to be to replace with their single option...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am trying to find an alternative flush valve to fit the cradle of a ideal standard push btn flush. It is all tiled in and changing to a...
Replies
Views
I need to adjust the large flush button because water continues to run after the cistern has filled up and the button does not return to its...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock