Discuss Risk of lead poisoning risk to children from old copper plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Read it now.

Once upon a time I used leaded for heating and unleaded for potable. I only use unleaded now for everything. Avoids the question of method of control.

Well that’s what I thought but no one is going to enforce getting rid of the lead solder

Probably more risk in getting out of bed in a morning.

Actually, Dr Simon Reddy who both Kelly & I know has been preaching about this for years. It is a genuine problem that is currently being covered up. Across the globe countries are removing anything to do with lead in plumbing and going exclusively to plastic due to the adverse health implications. In the UK, water suppliers automatically add phosphate to our drinking water in order to encapsulate the lead that would other wise float around.

According to medical studies across the globe, NO ONE has said that ANY lead in our bodies is an acceptable or safe level. NOTHING & No one...

the problem with lead in the water supply in USA came about because the city of Flint fitted a new water main and during this process piped river water which was not corrosion treated causing corrosion of steel pipes and also removed the coating on the lead mains causing leaching of lead into the water supply. we have water that is treated several times on its way from resovoirs so this should not effect the water supply.

Most householders wake up in morning hopefully, visit bathroom etc then run water in kitchen to fill kettle etc. Any water standing in pipe overnight should it be lead will have been used for non potable purposes. I personally think lead free solder is cr*p it does not run like leaded but understand the reasons why we ought to use it Rob Foster aks centralheatking

There's still a load of lead supplies around if it was that bad the water suppliers would demand this gets changed

I often wonder about the future of plastic pipe and fittings. Now they will be taxed to hell and back guess what it’s back to copper and brass in less than my lifetime. What’s the real truth about blue water pipe inthe end ? Companies whom produce no plastic fittings are getting all excited the price comparison will wipe out plastic in a decade Rob Foster aka centralheatking

the problem with lead in the water supply in USA came about because the city of Flint fitted a new water main and during this process piped river water which was not corrosion treated causing corrosion of steel pipes and also removed the coating on the lead mains causing leaching of lead into the water supply. we have water that is treated several times on its way from resovoirs so this should not effect the water supply.

Its far more widespread than Flint. The US only stopped fitting lead mains in the mid 90s...

Regardless, ANY lead is bad for human beings. End of. Its for that reason we use low lead brass (as reqd in Germany etc) for our carts. The UK is still WAAAY behind in that regard.

Its far more widespread than Flint. The US only stopped fitting lead mains in the mid 90s...

Regardless, ANY lead is bad for human beings. End of. Its for that reason we use low lead brass (as reqd in Germany etc) for our carts. The UK is still WAAAY behind in that regard.
American Infra structure is always rubbish because it had been a capitalist economy forever. Look at there lecky !

Flint water crisis - Wikipedia

Try telling people in northumberland town who, just last week, were measured at over FIVE times the max permitted lead levels. This is real, now & in our homes.

Try telling people in northumberland town who, just last week, were measured at over FIVE times the max permitted lead levels. This is real, now & in our homes.
I did not know this, which town and is there any stuff I can look at to do with this please ?
I can see class action, I sleep with my barrister wife whom is well versed in dirty water because if me
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Risk of lead poisoning risk to children from old copper plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back