Discuss Rippled bend in copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chiplet

Hi all

I'm seeking some advice on a job I've recently had done. I've had a new radiator installed and on inspecting the job more closely I've noticed some 'ripples' on the inside of the copper pipe where it has been has been bent. It's not severe and the plumber has assured me it won't cause any issues and is just a result of thinner pipe.

I'm a complete newbie to this so am I being a bit OCD thinking it will cause a problem? It's under a floor so just need to make sure it's all ok and will last for many years.

I'd appreciate any advice or info!

Many thanks

It will be fine, copper is much thinner walled nowadays and ifs it's been bent the old fashioned way, then this seems to be a consequence more and more.

Theres nothing wrong with rippled pipe, its not more likely to burst or anything,
its just an eyesore and not best practice but sometimes its not worth lashing the lenth of copper for a few ripples

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I know it was bent in a handheld bender, it's got a couple of 'indentations' per bend on the inside radius.

I've tried attaching a picture but I'm getting 'post denied' - maybe because I'm a new user?

Poor quality or corroded/neglected benders can ripple the copper. Your plumber won't like you suggesting that, though!

Bend by pulling the lower arm up instead of pushing top one down. Works a treat

water travels faster on the outside of the bend than the inside, if it was on the outside that would be different ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rippled bend in copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock