Discuss Rieolla burners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

hi guys ive just been called to a huge gym on a shopping outlet gas leak got there they have x2 huge gas boilers with rieolla burners the transco guy has tested no leak at all we checked everything no leaks ? turned on the boiler number 1 sprayed around where the burner goes into the front of boiler pouring out bubbles ect checked x 4 bolts all very loose so tightened them up still leaking can i get a gasket set ?? they look like rubber both the burners are leaking from same place bubbling like crazy im quite new to the big toys and dont want to look a tit any help would be really help full cheers pete

Is croppie commercial?

Edit to add, it sounds like the mounting flange gasket you're describing but you will need the model of the burner to get the correct one (I'm assuming you mean Riello).

Last edited:
Spraying ldf round the gaskets will degrade them further.

Three choices here mate, get the burner model and the 7 figure id code and order a new gasket.

Fabricate a new gasket from an appropriate medium

Or, in a pinch, use high temperature silicon as a liquid(ish) gasket.

i was very stuck so was thinking that was the only place it could leak would this cause this leak and is it common to find this ? there are x2 gaskets one is like fiber bord the ones what seem to be leaking are like black rubber not sure how you would strip and replace them im under pressure as the gym is no shut down

It will trip a gas detector an a co detector. As Shaun says, high temp silicon saves a 1,001 situations. As a temp repair use it as a temporary gasket until you've the proper ones ordered.

cheers croppie is this quite common then ? we couldnt find any trace of a leak even with the sniffers when i put ldf on the joint it bubbled like crazy but it does not smell of gas

Seen it a few times, it's one of them occasions ldf makes a situation worse.

Is the silicone not a pain in the bum to remove when you have the gaskets ?

replaced the gaskets today no leaks all sorted got a gym membership and paid bill happy days !! cheers for your help every one

They were rs 50 from a hoval when we turned the gas off the return h/w started pouring out of a joint sorted now tho cheers croppie

photo1_zps4d376d58.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
why on laptop are pictures right way round ? then on iphone there upside down ?

It's just the meters are never near by when setting them up, loooong walk to get the gas rates right.

Use the mi's and go by the burner pressure. Makes for fewer long walks!

Yup, most I see are attached to Powrmatics and the meter always seem to be at the opposite end of warehouse, keeps me fit though I suppose.

I've one installation in Belfast where the meter is about 20m from the boiler house. But to get to it I have a 300m walk round the perimeter of the building. That's a head pressure check on that one during the winter service!

Why dont you just invent a digital manometer with removable screen like that fluke multimeter ? Be good when its cold outside save on a walk !
Dragons den here i come !

Thats a good idea dancin, shame none of the inspection cameras have this feature. (detachable screen)

Well add fingerprint scanner aswell cant use it unless you cut off there fingerprint too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rieolla burners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock