Discuss Riello RDB2 120 constantly cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NIBob

Hi, I have a Riello RDB2 Oil Burner (120) and it has started to exhibit the oddest problem. It functions as normal in responding to signals from the Heating and Hot Water controls but I have noticed over the past number of days that it continues to run even when not being controlled by the above.

It seems to be continually heating 2 Rads that are on the primary output from the burner (these are normally heated whether you run the controls for Hot Water or Heating or both). It is running 24/7 and every now and then you can hear the burner firing up for short cycles to heat the pipes and Rads.

I have checked all controls units external to the Burner and have also replaced the Drayton programming unit as I thout this may have been faulty, it is a direct replacement but the problem persists. I am almost inclined to thing that permanent contact is being made somehwere at the Burner but I am currently at a loss.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

get an oftec engineer out, easier in the long run

Got to be a motorised valve. Actuator head probably the fault & the live link is on constantly.
It is the motorised valve that switches a permanent live across to the pump & boiler when the valve fully opens. Your programmer will no doubt have nothing to do with the power to the burner. Sometimes the valve can jam open, but usually it is the micro switch faulty

Last edited:
Thanks Best I will look into that. I had good reason to change the programmer as a matter of course, whenever you boosted the Hot water it would often remain open so it had to go. I have also had to change the Synchronous Motor on the Hot water side a number of times. The Motors are in the Airing cupboard which probably aids their early failure, but that's another story. I am pretty competent with most works having a Building and Electrical core background (from the 80's but obviously things have changed a lot since then), so not afraid to get the old hands dirty! but our system is unvented so I am happy enough to do surface work but would rather call in the Pro's when it comes down to anything more involved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello RDB2 120 constantly cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock