Discuss Riello 35 year old nozzle in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

John.g

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Got this from a friend which allegedly was in continuous use for 35 years!!, the (Firebird) boiler was/is running on a mixture of 75% "diesel" + 25% kerosene, the nozzle itself seems to be of a different material to the modern ones, it was spotlessely clean when I dissassembled it, I would love to know how much wear has taken place in the orifice during this period.

Attachments

• Danfoss nozzles 35 year old Left 1 year old Right.jpg
    Danfoss nozzles 35 year old Left 1 year old Right.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Danfoss 35 year old nozzle Parts.jpg
    Danfoss 35 year old nozzle Parts.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 16
I would doubt the longevity of the nozzle. Oil pressure needs to be much higher with diesel and recommended 6 monthly services. But who knows!!

Reply to Riello 35 year old nozzle in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all. I'm looking for advice to help my heating engineer fix my problem! He actually installed the unit. It’s a 3 year old oil boiler, a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating an old stone house in France - about 900 years old at the oldest part - and we are trying to use authentic materials in all...
Replies
Views
D
Hello all, Simple question – I’ve competed my OFTEC training, mainly because our house has a very old Ideal Standard boiler house boiler running a...
Replies
Views
pmac10
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock