Search the forum,

Discuss Rhino roof pipe tubes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

hi everyone i bought a rhino roof pipe bout 5 weeks ago from screw-fix awesome thing
until last night !!!! some scum **** faced bum hole broke into it and stole all the pipe except the plastic which they left all over the road !!

i was steaming angry :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

they are so easy to break in to all they did is put some kind of a bar between the lock and the latch and it bent open .

if you store in these tubes overnight be very care full hope this helps guys :(:(

sorry to hear that pjf , me personally i dont even lock mine and i only leave plastic init , i transport copper to jobs and leave at the job . keep a few lengths of 2m inside the actually van just in case

i only also leave a few off cuts and or 2m bits in the van buy as i go ad leave on site

sorry to hear that scrap metal is worth far to much money nowadays

Unfortunately this happened to my bosses van not long ago..seems like an easy target. Since then we don't carry bundles of copper any more unless we have too.

There was no need for them to even bust it open, you can pop them open with a flat head screwdriver in the lock.

I hate it when kit goes missing, even if it isn't yours.

If I were you I would put some stanley blades just inside glued to some soil pipe. I'm sure they wont be back after that :D

I have thr truck rax as well. Lost the key last year when went on holiday, wasn't too hard to get in, but like you say gas man if they want to be in then they'll do it no matter what security you have.

Would love to wire it up to an electric fence generator, but then I'd just end up getting arrested for assault.

Mate of mine is an ex copper, told me that if you are ever confronted in your house by a burglar and you put the cricket bat across the back of his head and he was down stairs, drag him upstairs before you call the cops. Apparently more likely to get away with self defence, as if upstairs it's more of a threat to your family.

sorry to hear about tube holder i have the rhino tube holder i dont tend to keep much in it i get the tube as i go along

Would never use a tube carrier. Like a red rag to a bull for theives.

we arrived at a job one morning having stopped for breakfast on the way to find niether van had any tube in the racks since that we keep it inside

update just got off the phone to rhino to see about a new end cap and lock assembly because mine looks mangled up !

they no about this problem and said they can supply a replacement cap and lock set for ÂŁ 77 + VAT AND CARRIAGE!!!!!! wow wow wow !!!

very unlikely to buy from rhino again and i now keep my pipe open and i don't ever store in it

Just got one of these off a spark friend of mine. Only had it on for about a hour and i want to take it off already. The noise out of it is unbelievable when there is pipe in. Is everyones like this?

Just got one of these off a spark friend of mine. Only had it on for about a hour and i want to take it off already. The noise out of it is unbelievable when there is pipe in. Is everyones like this?

this is why i am unsure, got a couple brackets from wickes, ÂŁ2 for 2 and thinking of buying a soil pipe, but how much does it effect fuel consumption and how much noise does it make. Got a lot of family and long distance jobs, so unsure of the effect on driving and a pain to remove all the time.

i store 2m lengths inside, nothing on roof and no signwriting, no logos, nothing outside.

One of the lads I used to work with has his Rhino tube end busted off and about ÂŁ600 worth of copper stolen over 3 seperate occasions all within about 4 weeks of each other. He ended up cutting a section of the bulkhead out at the bottom in the middle so that the tube could slide all the way inside the van instead. Just ment it was a right pain in the bum to get big bulky things in after that as it was right down the center and the sides were racked out, so took up quite alot of space

Turned up for a social housing refurb about 6 months back. Been at property 10 mins when police turned up. Nice chap, advised that I should nip home and remove pipe carrier from roof.

Apparently the little darlings that should be in school have anything off the van (or out of it) if you turn your back for a moment.

He reckoned that it was cheaper to cut down the copper so that it fit inside the van and rejoint it on the job rather than repair the broken pipe carrier and replace stock.

Wise plod indeed.

Turned up for a social housing refurb about 6 months back. Been at property 10 mins when police turned up. Nice chap, advised that I should nip home and remove pipe carrier from roof.

Apparently the little darlings that should be in school have anything off the van (or out of it) if you turn your back for a moment.

He reckoned that it was cheaper to cut down the copper so that it fit inside the van and rejoint it on the job rather than repair the broken pipe carrier and replace stock.

Wise plod indeed.

depends if that joint leaks! lol

i have two, one is full of plastic and the other has 2 to 3 lengths of copper. If i have to carry much copper is put it inside the van and straight into the property when i pull up.

Bloke I work with occassionally is so paranoid about stuff going missing, If I go and get a screwdriver he shouts at me on way "MAKE SURE YOU LOCK IT" if i don't remember to lock it, he has a right go at me. Know why now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rhino roof pipe tubes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock