Discuss Reverse Termosyphoning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumr

Hi guys.

I'm new here and looking for some advice.

I'm about to plumb a heating system which has both an oil boiler and solid fuel stove. The stove is on the ground floor with the dual coil cylinder on the first floor about 15ft away.

I intend using both sets of tappings on the stove, one set in 3/4'' togethor with a pump and motorised valve on the return at the back of the stove, running into the heating system and secondary coil.

The other circuit will be in 1'' rising up the wall, along the joists and up into the cylinder, the return will be falling down the wall alond the floor and up into the return tapping of the stove, I don't intend putting any pump on this circuit. The expansion will be taken at the flow where it enters the cylinder.

2 questions I have.

1 in order to stop a circulation/pitching up and through the expansion tank in the attic where can I fit the cold feed to the system apart from routing the pipework all the way down to the stove between the pump and the stove?

2 How can I prevent reverse thermosyphoning at night when the stove cools down and the cylinder is at full temperature?

Any help much appreciated as I want to get this right from the outset.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reverse Termosyphoning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock