Search the forum,

Discuss Retro fitting bar mixer to 15mm compression shower pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Can you use this type of kit to replace a shower valve connected by 15mm copper tails with compression nuts with a bar mixer?

I know they're a good way to leave feeds ready for a bar mixer but hadn't thought of them being used this way. Can't think of a reason why not?

Unless the tiles were drilled badly/chipped/holes too big?

Thanks

Untitledll.jpg

Take a shower of a wall leaving pipes coming out of tiled wall that look a bit like thi

111.jpg

You want to fit a shower that would normally have require connections like this

222.jpg

I think you can do it with fittings like this.

333.jpg

But you'd need to have a) long enough tails b) be able to get the old nuts and olives off c) enough space on tiles to drill holes

Ah yes, the tails would need to be around 30mm from tile, make sure they are 150mm centres and with grips round nut waggle the olives off.

Yeah I thought of that. I've never owned/used one. I think it was dannypipe who warned me they somtimes damage the pipe. No biggy if it means you just have to lift a floorboard, bit more annoying if you might have to re-tile.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/aquali...rome/3245f?cm_sp=homepage-_-promo-_-dotd3245F

Today only for £60..

Not opening that can of worms. Plus forgot it would exposed tile with holes in it etc behind where previous valve was fixed.

Suggested an alternative to them, waiting to hear back.

I cut olives off with a dremel. Make a little slit and crack open with a small flat screwdriver. No damage to pipe. If you find a pipe badly scored, clean it and apply solder to it. File he blob down and put the olive on. The olive will cut into the solder to make a nice seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Retro fitting bar mixer to 15mm compression shower pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock