Search the forum,

Discuss Report a negligent engineer or not report? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alibongo

Earlier today I reported a strange encounter with a central heating engineer.For legal reasons I needed a boiler signed off.I asked the engineer not to find needless faults, as my past experience has led me to distrust needless poking about in perfectly serviceable parts (borne out by todays experiences!).
He did a visual inspection of the flue, the burner, gas pressure, etc., and before he left he turned of the tap to the domestic supply, so we had no domestic hot water.(the solution was supplied via this forum by steveb).
When I rang him a couple of hours later, he said I probably had problems with sale in the heat exchanger, and would face a bill o£500 plus.
Do you think I should report this guy, or is this the way engineers put food on the table?(I am happy to supply his name by pm).

Not find needless faults you say - so let's play lip service to safety and not putting people at risk and try and manipulate engineers to suit the depth of your pocket.
Frankly i dont believe a word you say, as time goes on your story has become more embellished.

Some mugs need banning

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need reporting. Not the engineer.

YOU coerced him into a visual inspection.

Don't ask this again.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Report a negligent engineer or not report? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock