Discuss Replacing Sink waste and overflow - how to bridge 1" gap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drew Beaton

I need to replace my sink waste and overflow. I think I have found the necessary part (Mcalpine FSW2PR-70) as it has a rectangle overflow connection instead of circle.

However, the old waste had a waste adaptor that screwed into the old waste above and a connecting pipe (1 1/2") below.

I am looking for a part that will connect FSW2PR-70 to the 1 1/2" pipe below as I will be about 1" short due to the adaptor on the old part. Would Mcalpine part T31M resolve the problem?

Sorry if the above is not clear.

Thanks in advance.

if you mean after you have fitted new waste to sink and there a gap from there to pipe/trap.
then yap it will

Last edited by a moderator:
if you mean after you have fitted new waste to sink and there a gap from there to pipe/trap.
then yap it will

Yes, thats what I mean. There will be a gap due to the old waster having an additional adaptor fitted.

Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Sink waste and overflow - how to bridge 1" gap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some advice connecting my bowl sink to the waste. There was a Insinkerator installed that I have replaced with basket strainer waste...
Replies
Views
S
I've attempted to replace the waste plug but couldn't get the nut undone but not the sink is leaking at the waste pipe connection. I've unscrewed...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock