Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing shower door rollers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crispy235

Hi all - we have a few of the rollers missing from our sliding shower doors and I would like to replace them. I would just replace the roller wheels themselves but it looks as if a couple of the plates which secure them have also perished and I can't work out how to remove the plates. If I pull one side out slightly I can see a plastic dowel of some sort which passes through the circular hole in the glass but how do I take the whole thing off? See photos attached - one has some sort of metal "nut" which I'm not sure how to remove and the other has it missing altogether. It looks like some of pin inside??

Also how do I go about getting replacement plates/rollers? Should they be a standard fit?

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20161001_130152.jpg
    IMG_20161001_130152.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20161001_130115.jpg
    IMG_20161001_130115.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 23
Hi, Not much help on this without knowing the manufacturers details, is there a little badge or maybe even an emblem etched into the toughened glass alongside the BS kitemark in one of the bottom corners, it could be a showerlux if so contact the technical dept and you might get lucky.

I often get asked "we want out bathroom done again but want to save so and so" (it's usually well past it's sell by date, green, mouldy and caked in limescale) that's usually when I make my excuses and leave, shower screens are really quite cheap now the market is flooded with them, you might be better off getting a new screen depending on the size of your shower tray, but without a makers reference point moving forward replacing parts rather than the whole screen might be a bit of a drag.

A quick google brings up a large selection of rollers with one company saying send us a photo and we will match it. However I agree with Nick above.

OK thanks a lot for the replies. I assumed it was a relatively simple job and that all the fitments were roughly standard. I guess by the time it's taken me to figure it out, remove them and try to get replacements I might as well have bought some new doors. If I do decide to down the repair path though (eg perhaps the doors will be an unusual size and so costly to replace) how DO I get those damned things off??! Thanks again.

And the only writing on the glass is "tempered glass". useful...

If it was a shower from a top manufacturer it would have a badge or logo somewhere , the cheaper the manufacturer the less chance you will find one.
I dont fit showers with any type of door these days , always go for a fixed glass panel / walk in type .

OK thanks. But failing that (and lack of funds!) can someone please tell me how to remove the assembly? Thanks

OK thanks. But failing that (and lack of funds!) can someone please tell me how to remove the assembly? Thanks

They have to be screwed through the glass somehow, a chrome cap may clip or slide off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing shower door rollers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock