Discuss replacing manifold help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gingerbloke

help needed urgently. i've got a combi boiler sealed system the rads are fed with 10mm micro bore from a manifold. the upstairs manifold which serve four rads started to leek and had to be replaced from a copper one to two plastic ones ever since then the rads upstairs won't get hot both the flow and return pipe are hot and so is one pipe feeding each rad off one of the manifolds the four pipes from the other manifold is cold.
please help what have i done wrong.

Hi. 1. Turn off all rads at one end (wheel head) 2. turn off both ends on the one you want working. 3. remove plug at top of rad. (have cloth at ready)
4. screw in 1/2' doc run short hose from this into bucket and open one end of rad (make sure system is fully charged) allow say 2ltr of water to fill bucket, turn off and repeat with other end. You may well here air purging from rad during the process. 5. Remove Doc re-fit plug turn on valves check results. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing manifold help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock