Discuss Replacing a Kingfisher II in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have been asked by a new potential customer to quote to upgrade (his words) his central heating boiler. It is currently a kingfisher II with a heat output of 64.5 what would you guys recommend fitting in its place. The central heating system is sealed. Has vented cylinder which he is not looking to change. Has had a new Rayburn fitted that the boiler starves at present and Rayburn installer suggested new boiler new meter and gas line to meter as solution. I suspect when the alterations to the meter and supply pipe work are completed by his supplier that the install may creep over the limit of my domestic ticket on volume alone. Nonetheless what would you guys typically specify here? I have seen several posts talking about boilers in tandem or series and frequent reference to low loss headers. I think I understand what a low loss headers purpose may be but I dont understand how it works or why and when it is used. So if anyone could fill me in on llh id be greatfull.

I would start by calculating how much heat the building actually needs. In the past it was common to oversize. I have swapped boilers that were the right size, needed bigger ones or smaller ones. Don't assume the last installer got it right. I have one very happy customer that had a 60kw boiler and I replaced it with a 30kw and weather comp/zones/trvs and slashed their bills and they are cosy too. Checking the heat load will let you know where you stand. You will find out if you need a domestic or commercial acs, if you can fit a smaller boiler and weather a larger supply/meter will actually be required. You will need to know how many kw the Rayburn needs too.

Once you have sorted sizing out you will also be in a better position to decide on low loss headers and multiple boilers.

LLH blends returns from system and boilers / heat units

Prevents thermal shocks and or pressure fluctuations think of it like a woman intercepting messages... You get the jist if it all but none of the twaddle and it's all one long drone opposed to sporadic calls.

Ideal logic plus heat only, link them up so return goes to one first and then other and flow in opposite orientation . (Reverse return) Link up s/l and pump in parallel to stat and pump (don't worry they have diodes to protect them)

Utilise exhausting peripherals and bobs your uncle or install new ones and Roberts your mothers brother. Fit two logic +30 loads of spare capacity and one can be dropped off if req.

Last edited by a moderator:
AS above make sure you actually need this sort of heat first, last boiler of this size I replaced I used a Remeha Gas 110 Eco 65kW

does the rayburn heat HW, CH or is it a cooker only would be useful to know and even better what model it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a Kingfisher II in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock