Search the forum,

Discuss Replaced CH programmer, but heating doesn't work in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have got a 25 year old Potterton Profile boiler, quite basic and very reliable, on a fully pumped system. It has worked happily with a Glow-worm Mastermind RWB2 programmer, but just recently the programmer occasionally misses a switch-off. So I thought I’d replace the programmer and bought a Siemens RWB29Si programmer. It’s meant to be a direct replacement, re-using the existing base plate, with no wiring connection changes necessary. However, when I fitted it, it did not work. The backlit panel illuminates, the digital clock works, but I can only get the CH & HW to work by pressing the +hrs buttons. It will not come on automatically when it’s programmed to, nor will it come on when pressing the advance button. So I’ve had to refit the old RWB2 and it’s working fine. (I am a retired electrician, and the wiring is okay and not been changed since the boiler was installed, so I don’t think it’s that.) Either the new programmer is faulty, or there is something simple I’m missing in the set up. Any ideas?

The old wiring matched up with the new wiring set up eg on the back of the old clocks ?

Have you set the DIP switches on the back of the new programmer, particularly switch 5?
Yes, I've set the DIP switches correctly (they were already correct). I'll give it another go tomorrow, in case there's a 'set' or 'start' button I've missed! It's permanently off as far as I can see.

Reply to Replaced CH programmer, but heating doesn't work in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock